Friday, June 25, 2010

Jealousy vs. Being Grateful

This evening, when I was having dinner with one of my best friends, she told me that she's jealous to me.
She said that I'm living a good life, I got everything I want & everybody loves me, everybody enjoys being around me.

Wow. Am I that lucky that I make her feel jealous to me? Because I think she's having a good life too!
What I think is, NOBODY has EVERYTHING he/she wants. Nobody really is satisfied with what he/she has. Because we are humans. And it is very human that we feel jealous to other people, feeling that "other people's fields are greener than mine".

However, what everybody has to do is just always be grateful of our lives. Even a person that we thought he/she already has a perfect life can feel jealous to other people too! So, as long as you don't try to give thanks, you will not feel satisfied of your life, even though actually you already have what other people might don't have.

We can wear pretty shoes and slippers, while other people might don't have legs to walk.
We have a plate full of delicious dishes, while other people might don't have money to buy rice.
We sleep under a thick blanket, while other people might don't have place to stay.
Simple things, but have we ever been thankful? Do we appreciate those SIMPLE things?

When we see a person who is succeed in his/her career or who always looks happy, we think that they must be very lucky & happy with their lives. But in fact, we don't know what they've been through, or how hard they've tried to be as succeed as they are now. Or we don't know what problems they are actually facing now behind their happy faces.

I know one person that is living a perfect life: having a kind and loving husband, and living in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Everything that everybody could wish for! But she's been through her darkest & worst time. She was very close to the end of a human's life: DEATH. If I were her, I didn't know whether I would've had such strength to get through it. She's been a very strong woman that she now deserves the life she's living now, and she's being my inspiration..

Experience & everything we've been through DO make us more mature. They've made ME more mature. Many good and bad things happened in my life, but because of those bad times, I've learned a lot. Now, I try to give thanks & look for the positive things behind a bad thing. I can say that I am grateful enough of what I have now. Of course, I often feel jealous with other people too, but on the other hand, I also know that I'm lucky enough to be me. And the luckiest thing of being me is having parents like my parents!
I'm grateful that God has given me so much strength during my bad times. Until this very second :)

So, what I try to say here is, even if you FEEL that you don't have everything that other people do, even if you THINK you don't have a life as good as other people do, always try to give thanks to God and appreciate everything you have, because you won't know that somebody's being envy to you as well! :)

Moreover, we have a Savior and Shepherd who will never leave us even in the darkest night. See how lucky we are!

When you feel that God is working on other people's life, be happy, because He's working on your life, too! God is good all the time, and He knows what's best for us. His timing is just PERFECT for us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment