Friday, December 31, 2010

The Last Day in 2010: 2010, what a special year!

Without us realizing, it's the end of 2010 already! Time flies, indeed!

Soooo.. How has 2010 been for you? I'm sure SO MANY things happened during this year. Good, or bad. But together they form a beautiful memory as a part of our life, that makes us happy or sad, laugh or cry, but what's present at the end is only "SMILE" :)

For me, 2010 has been a very special year.


1. I turned 21 on January 21, so it was a double 21, hahaha..



2. I celebrated my birthday together with The Weymiers (my friends from the church) at their house, because, accidentally, my birthday and Jean Weymier's are close! (19th and 21st of January). We had so much fun and she baked a birthday cake for us - reminding me of my mommy..


3. I spent precious time with my uncle during my winter holiday back home. Because it was the last period of time I could spend with him.. I got my first stethoscope, too, from him!


4. Stressful and busy preparation of SISC Indonesian Festival 2010 - with the small events such as Sports Day and Culinary Day. But I gained so much from those experiences!


5. The born of this blog! May 2010 =)


6. A new nephew was born (Xavier Audric Gao, son of my cousin, Marta Zeng and Ruben Gao) on June 5th, 2010.

So cute and adorable, eh? ;)


7. Coming back to the old dorm of Houzhuang, haha.. Back to the real life of students living in poor Chinese dormitories :(


8. For the first time, I performed for the celebration of Indonesia's Independence Day in Shanghai - The Saman Dance and Kecak Dance.



9. I got my first clinical experiences in the hospital - seeing "horrible" things in the Emergency Department for the first time, stitching my first one stitch, haha.. Etc, etc..


10. First experience as the Master of Ceremony of SISC Welcoming Party 2010.


11. SISC's first birthday! October 24th, 2010



12. The 3rd anniversary of Class of 2007! 10.10.10 at Portland Cafe (sadly, it's closed now!).



13. And finally: SISC Indonesian Festival 2010 on October 22nd, 2010!!! A payment of all of our hardwork and sacrifices! We did a great job! I've worked with the most cooperative and helpful crew I could ever had..



14. 2010 is a performance year:
- Indonesia's Independence Day in Shanghai - Saman and Kecak Dance
- SISC Welcoming Party 2010 - Jai Ho
- SISC Indonesian Festival 2010
- Pioneer Wood
- Suzhou University Children Hospital - Lenggang Puspita



15. The breaking of my heart – Having to face the world when I didn’t want to and I didn’t know how to. Having to live my life when I couldn’t even put a smile on my face nor the lights in my eyes.


16. The loss of my uncle - November 27th, 2010.


17. December: a joyful month! The stronger me was back into life again! ^_^ Regardless to the exam thingy, hahaha.. Got a good news from my sister, too ^^


18. Christmas Eve Dinner Celebration of Class of 2007 at Secret Recipe Timesquare.

Although we did the same thing we've been doing for three years - Secret Santa - but this year, the Christmas Eve Dinner was different with the presence of our friends, Ankit, Bobby, and Sumudu. I was really feeling the joy of Christmas! No matter what the gifts are, the most precious gift for me was having everybody surrounded me, celebrating Christmas together and sharing the joy as one family! Well, I do put down them as my own family here. My brothers and sisters. Trust me. That's what made that BIG smile on my face :D


19. SISC New Year’s Eve Dinner Celebration at Water Paradise Incity : the last program of SISC arranged under the Leadership of Evan Surya Kusuma and me.
So many things, eh? And there are actually even more, because I can’t remember all of them..
There were good things, and so many darkest hours, as well. After all, I am grateful of what’s happened. I can be the person I am now, all is because God has taught me the lessons of life. No matter how hard it is, I know I would be able to get through it because God is always with me. Moreover, I have my Personal Guardian Angel: my mom!

The question is, are we ready to welcome the coming new year? Yes or not, we have to be ready, because it’s unstoppable! Haha..

How about your 2010?

Don’t cry because it ends. Smile because it happened.
What doesn’t  kill you, strengthens you.
No pain, no gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment